Go TO Content

After having left Taiwan for two years and the household registration office has completed the compulsory move-out registration, how do I recover household registration?

  1. Citizens with household registration in Taiwan and leaving Taiwan with a passport of Taiwan for two or more years without return, the household registration office may directly make a move-out registration (overseas) for these citizens.
  2. When these citizens wish to return to Taiwan to reside domestically after a compulsory move-out registration, after entering Taiwan with the passport of Taiwan or entry permit they are to apply for the move-in registration to the jurisdiction household registration office of the place they current reside with an entry certificate and the household register of the household they wish to register, certificate of individual household, and citizen identity card (if available). Those who enter Taiwan with a foreign passport are not allowed to apply for move-in registration.