Go TO Content

How can a draftee apply for substitute service for family reasons?

A draftee may apply for substitute service for family reasons when his family is under any of the following circumstances:
  1. All family members of the draftee are aged over 60 or under 18, or mentally or physically disabled, or suffer major injury or disease.
  2. The draftee has children or his spouse is pregnant for over six months.
  3. The draftee has family members suffering from medium mental or physical disabilities.
  4. The draftee’s father, mother, or spouse suffers from major injury or disease or two or more family members suffer from moderate mental or physical disabilities or major injury or disease.
  5. The draftee's parents, spouse, or siblings died or suffered from physical disabilities during his term of military service, with the fact of relief established, and the draftee has no brother.